|You are here: Study Notes > MICROSOFT > Windows 10 > Deployment > Updates > Quick Showcase – Windows 10 Updates & Management Options (Web view)|
Windows 10 Updates & Management Options
• Modern Desktop Deployment Center
• Quick guide to Windows as a Service
• Tech Community Windows Insider
• Windows Insiders Meetup (WIM)
Modern Desktop Deployment Process
• Getting Started: People, Process and Technology Guidance
Step 1: Device and App Readiness
Step 2: Directory and Network Readiness
Step 3: Office and LOB App Delivery
Step 4: User Files and Settings Migration
Step 5: Security and Compliance Considerations
Step 6: OS Deployment and Feature Updates
Step 7: Windows and Office as a Service
Step 8: User Communications and Training
• Get your Leadership on Board: Value Discovery and Business Case
The Windows 10 operating system introduces a new way to build, deploy, and service Windows.
Planning & Process Documents
Steps to manage updates for Windows 10
Learn about updates and servicing channels (this topic)
Deploy updates using Windows Update for Business
or Deploy Windows 10 updates using Windows Server Update Services
or Deploy Windows 10 updates using System Center Configuration Manager
Architectural planning posters for Windows 10
- Deploy Windows 10 – Clean installation Learn about the options and steps for a new installation of Windows 10.
- Deploy Windows 10 – In-place upgrade Learn about the steps to upgrade from a previous version of Windows.
- Deploy Windows 10 – Windows Autopilot Learn how you can set up and pre-configure Windows 10 devices.
- Deploy Windows 10 – Windows servicing Learn how to keep Windows up to date.
- Deploy Windows 10 – Protection solutions Learn about the two tiers of protection available for Windows 10 devices.
Microsoft 365 Powered Device Lab Kit v3 1803
- Overview – Windows 10 Modern Desktop 365 Powered Devices PoC (Web view)
- Microsoft 365 Enterprise Test Lab Guides
- Why the Windows Insider Program is your secret superpower
- Updated version of Windows 10 October 2018 Update released to Windows Insiders
Windows Insider Program for Business getting started
The first step is to register as a Windows Insider. Start here.
The second step is to install a Windows 10 Insider Preview Build.
You can install on individual or multiple devices. Click here to learn how.
Windows Insider Program for Business
What’s new for Windows Insider Program for Business Preview Builds
Get started with the Windows Insider Program for Business
Register with the Windows 10 Insider Program for Business
Install Windows Insider Program for Business preview builds
Manage Windows Insider Program for Business Preview builds
Share Feedback Via the Feedback Hub
Windows readiness levels and flight rings
Windows Insider Program troubleshooting
Windows Insider Labs for Enterprise
- WS00151: Deploy and manage Windows as a service
- Heard about Windows as a service but don’t completely get it, yet? We recommend this lab. It teaches you how Microsoft will update Windows 10 with new functionality and how you can manage that process. Concepts in this lab include everything from deferral policies in Windows Update for Business to managing updates in Windows Server Update Services.
- > LAUNCH LAB <
Online Training Workshops & Events
- Tech Community
Microsoft Ignite 2018 Content
- Ignite 2018 OnDemand Videos
- Desktop Deployment For Windows And Office: Readiness And Configuration (M365v151PAL) – Thursday, October 25, 2018 11:00 AM
- October 2018 Hot Sheet partner training schedule
- October 23 – WaaS and Microsoft Managed Desktop
- More Microsoft Events
Desktop & Device Manager
- Windows and Devices for Technical – LEARNING PATH
Role: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator
Learning Path: Mobility and Security
Microsoft 365 Device Management – MS-101.3